Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Dinu Ghezzo Retirement Concert

My experience in Dr.Ghezzo`s Retirement Concert was truly extraordinary. Being out there, setting up all the equipments and wires(!), and taking a full responsibility of running a camera during a live performance were definitely different from just learning it from the class. Obviously, I am still beginner at internet2 and I was worried about my mission(?) that if I could run a camera without any mistake. I had to share a charger for the camera with Kay (another camera person) and we were making sure that the camera would not run out of battery during the performance. I was very excited using the headset to communicate with our crew, it was something that I never experienced before (and maybe in the near future..). It was very real and we were updating each other`s position and preparation in the backstage. It was a pity that we had some problem with the connection to UCI and we could not see much of them, I guess we learned that we need to have a back-up plan when we prepare this kind of a live event.
I feel very lucky to be part of this event and it was such a pleasure working with our crew who were willing to help each other`s and well-cooperated.

No comments: